A read-a-thon is when you try to read as many books as possible in a certain amount of time. Sometimes there are challenges you are supposed to complete, and sometimes it is just to decrease some of your TBR pile.
These are the Read-A-Thon’s I know of for August 2015
*All times are local
12am 08/03 – 08/09
Check out the YouTube account here for more information.
1. Read a book with blue on the cover
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
3. Read someone else’s favorite book
4. Read the last book you acquired
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read
7. Read seven books
TV and Movie Adaptations is August’s theme. Here is the link to the goodreads page.
Bout of Books 14
12:01am 08/17 – 08/23
Hooked on Books
12:01 am-11:59 pm 08/22 24 hour read-a-thon
12:01 am 08/15 – 11:59 pm 08/16 weekend long read-a-thon
Hooked on books does a ton of read-a-thons. Here is the link to the goodreads page.
*I am not sure how many of these I will be doing. I would love to do them all, but because school starts in August it probably won’t be possible.
Let me know in the comments any others you know of or if you are planning to participate in any!