The Liebster Award is passed on from bloggers to bloggers to encourage connection within the writing community. I was tagged a LONG time ago by Books and Other Miracles, and then I completely forgot until I was tagged again by Blue Jay Books. Thank you so much to both of you (and sorry it took me so long to do)!
Between the two nominations, it seems like there were slightly different rules, so I am going to merge them both.
- Once you are nominated, make a post, thank the blogger who presented this award, and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 11 (smaller) bloggers (try to keep under 300 followers). You may have to go hunting for these blogs, the idea is to find new blogs and share them with the community. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on their blog.
- Answer the 11 question that the presenter asked you.
- Write 11 questions for the bloggers you nominated to answer.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Questions Given to Me
Again, I am going to merge some of the questions, but try to answer them all.
What is your favorite thing to do?
There are too many things to name, so instead I’ll paint a picture of the “perfect day”. First off, food and tea. These are essential to life. After I have successfully filled up on all the breakfast and tea I need, I need friends. I am very extroverted and I adore hanging out with my friends. I could never be home schooled purely because I need the social aspects of High School. After I’ve finished partying (AKA food and netflix) with my friends, I need books. Books are kinda a big part of my life (if you can’t tell), and I love escaping into book worlds for a few hours a day. It is always one of my favorite parts of the night (I read right before I go to bed because it helps me to calm down and fall asleep). I also love adventures (exploring, cliff diving, other such things…), but that doesn’t happen every day.
What do you think is the most important thing in life?
God. One hundred percent. God is the center of my life, and I hope that He will always be.
What is your favorite book ever?
Favorite. Book. EVER? Unfair… I deem this question unfair. I could never choose a favorite book of the year, much less EVER. To name a few that first came to mind: The Harry Potter series, The Percy Jackson UNIVERSE (PJO and HoO), The Fault in Our Stars, the Shatter Me Trilogy, The Lunar Chronicles, the Throne of Glass series. If I HAD to pick ONE… maybe Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? I don’t know. That was a cruel question.
What music do you like?
I’m a theatre kid, so I love a cappella, and showtunes. I am currently listening to Pentatonix!
What 5 things would you take with you to a desert island?
I’m going to assume I can’t do the cop out answers of “unlimited…” or “a boat to get out of there”
- Water straw to filter water.
- A way to get food (weapon).
- Spider spray (magic spider killer since I am terrified of spiders.)
- 5000 rolls of duct tape.
- A few other people (of my choice) so I don’t go crazy AND can use their knowledge to my advantage.
How has blogging influenced the way you read?
I take a lot more notes now and am constantly writing down every quote I see that I love (which can be a lot). I find myself taking notes on what I am feeling every few chapters so I can better write reviews. It has made me more critical of books, and more analytical in the way I read (opposed to just joy-reading). I still have just as much fun though, and notice even more.
What motivated you to start a blog?
My obsession for books, a nerdiness most of my friends didn’t understand, and a want to get all of my ideas/feelings/fangirling into words to share with the world and see if they agree.
What has been your favorite thing about blogging so far?
The community. I have had so many wonderful bookish conversations with people, and have had so much fun reading other people’s freak outs about books. You are my type of people.
How do you decide what to read?
I am a very moody reader. This means that the genre (and thus book) I read is based on my mood. I basically look at all my choices and pick the book I am most in the mood for.
What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading Heir of Fire, but am ALMOST DONE! I hope to finish tonight or tomorrow morning. It is absolutely fabulous!
Do you prefer ebooks, audio books, or physical books?
Physical books. I love to be able to hold an actual book with actual pages that I can actually pet and throw out of frustration (just kidding I would never cause any real damage to a book, but sometimes… you know).
If you could interview any author who would you chose?
J.K. Rowling because of her amazing success and the fact that not many people get the chance to interview her (compared to some other authors who do interviews all of the time).
Which currently unadapted book would you most like to see adapted into a movie or TV show?
The Infernal Devices! Although I feel like it would probably never live up to my expectations (especially Will), and then I would be really sad.
If you could visit any place mentioned in a book you’ve read for a day (real or fictional locations) where would you go?
Camp Half Blood! I want to go to Camp Half Blood and meet all of the wonderful characters I love so much and take part in all of the activities I can (possibly go on a quest with Percy and the gang?).
Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks // jjbookloversblog // Meghan @ Meghan’s Blog // cup of tea with that book, please // Nikki @ alice in wonderbookland // Laurel-Rain Snow @ Rainy Days and Mondays // Ally @ Multifandomed Book Blogger // The Reluctant Book Worm // Belle @ Belle’s Blog-Bomb // Born & Read // Rosalyn @ Dream Days // Makayla @ Random Reads
It was a lot of fun to search out all of these blogs. Please leave any other blog suggestions in the comments. I am always looking for more blogs to follow (please keep them book related, though.)
My Questions for Nominees
- Besides reading and blogging, what is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- What is your favorite day of the week and why?
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what book would you choose?
- If you had to choose between reading only series or only stand-alones for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- If you could spend one day with any character you wanted from a book, which would you choose and why?
- If you had the ability to travel anywhere (on earth, but money isn’t an issue), where would you go?
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite types of blog posts to make/ read?
- What is your favorite fandom?
What is your favorite book ever? Is this a fair question for you? Who else is obsessed with Pentatonix? What is your favorite Christmas song of theirs? What is your favorite Christmas song in general?