I don’t like making resolutions. I feel like the only purpose of a resolution is to break it. Comment down below if you have ever followed through all year with a resolution. Congrats to you if you have, but I’m not that dedicated. So instead, I’m going to make a few small goals that (hopefully) I can stick to. (Don’t tell me it’s the same thing… I’m trying to trick myself.)
- We all have our days where it’s too busy and we can’t get a post up, but I want to (try to) start posting 3-4 times a week. I don’t want to worry about specific days because all that will happen is I will miss a couple days and feel bad, so I just want to try to start posting 3-4 times a week.
- Never post any “filler posts”. By this I mean those posts that are mostly for the sake of posting. Not that updates and graphic posts are bad every once in a while (especially when done right), but I want to try to stay away from it. If it’s not fantastic content, don’t post it. This year I hope to focus more on making amazing stuff instead of lots of posts. Quality over quantity.
- This year I want to be much more active on Goodreads and Twitter. I do use twitter quite a bit (mostly to rant or freak out, etc.), but I have really wanted to start using goodreads a lot more. The problem is, I’m not 100% sure how it works. I know you can add friends (if you have a goodreads, please leave it below and I’ll friend you), and I know it keeps track of all the books you read (I have previously done this by google doc). I am starting to figure it out, but may need a little help. I hope to become a frequent of both Goodreads and Twitter, and am on my way to conquering them both. My twitter: @aubreysbooknook // My Goodreads: Aubrey’s BookNook.
- Stay connected to other bloggers. One of my favorite things about blogging is the community and all of the wonderful people I get to have conversations with. I want to keep this up because it’s part of the reason I started blogging and I don’t want to lose that.
- Try to spend time everyday either making posts, or connecting with other bloggers. I tend to blog in spurts. By this I mean I won’t go on for a day or two, and then I will be doing “blogging stuff” for 4 hours. I want to be more consistent and spend a little time everyday.
- I want to spend more time making awesome graphics and making my blog super aesthetically awesome.
- I want to read and review more.
- I want to read 100 books.
- I want to write more reviews.
- I want to update about what I’m reading more on Goodreads and Twitter.
Thank you to everyone for supporting me and my little blog. I love talking about books with all of you! What are your blogging/bookish/overall goals for 2016? Please leave your goodreads and twitter usernames below!