Title: The Night Circus
Author: Erin Morgenstern
Published in 2011
- I love the use of “you” in some chapters.
- I didn’t know what was going to happen until the very end.
- The characters are all so different, and there is normally a lot more going on than it seems.
- I listened to it on audiobook, and it was a fantastic decision. The person who reads the story’s voice is enchanting and adds an extra aspect to the story. He does the voices really well and held my attention.
- There were many levels in the tone:
- There really wasn’t anything I didn’t like.
The Night Circus is such an amazing story. It is wonderfully dark, enchanting, and different. I was captivated by the characters and the circus. If you enjoy falling into magical worlds, a competition that becomes something else, and layers upon layers of things at work that don’t come together until the end, you will love The Night Circus!
I would give it 4 stars because I really enjoyed it and it was a lot of fun to listen to, but I don’t plan to go buy it, and it didn’t change my reading life. It was still so stinkin’ good, though.
What did you think about it? Did you listen to the audiobook or actually read it? What was your favorite aspect of the story? Let me know in the comments.